Instructions in case of lost or damaged luggage:
- Contact a representative of your airline to make a complaint and, if necessary, file a formal claim for the lost or damaged item(s).
- In the case of theft, loss, or damage, the airline or the airport’s “Lost and Found” area will give you a reference code called P.I.R. (Property Irregularity Report) that corresponds to the formal claim you have made. (#1)
- In the event that the luggage has been opened, verify if any information has been placed inside to indicate if it was opened by the proper authorities.
- To immediately begin the claim process fill out the Lost/Damaged Luggage Claim Form. In the event that you are unable to fill out the claim form, contact our Customer Service Call Center by phone (1-800-705-7197 USA toll free, 305-677-6108 or 593-4-2169246), by e-mail at email@example.com, or via Skype at assistanceuwrap. Before you contact the U-Wrap™ Customer Service Call Center please have the following information ready:
- Telephone / Fax #
- Mailing Address
- Airline / Company
- Flight Number
- Date of the Loss
- Departed From
- Arrival in
- U-Wrap™ Registration Number Label
- P.I.R. Reference Number
- By filling out the Lost/Damaged Luggage Claim Form you will receive a U-Wrap™ Claim Number. Save the U-Wrap™ Claim Number for your records. Click on Check Claim Status and enter your U-Wrap™ Claim Number to see whether or not your luggage has been found. You can also call our Customer Service Call Center where a U-Wrap™ representative will be able to assist you. It is very important you contact us via the claim form or call center within the first 48 hours of your arrival.
- A U-Wrap™ representative will notify the passenger about the result of their claim. The airline is ultimately responsible to return the lost luggage to the passenger.